10 Tips to Eliminate Distractions While Driving
Distracted driving affects us all. Everyday, more and more of your fellow drivers can be seen driving with one hand on the phone, and another attempting to drive. But distracted driving can also happen due to a variety of other objects in your vehicle. At Quality Tune Up Shops, we want to encourage you to take a moment and evaluate your personal driving environment and see if any of these situations can occur to you.
10. Fully focus on driving. Do not let anything divert your attention, actively scan the road, use your mirrors and watch out for pedestrians and cyclists.
9. Store loose gear, possessions and other distractions that could roll around in the car, so you do not feel tempted to reach for them on the floor or the seat.
8. Make adjustments before your get underway. Address vehicle systems like your GPS, seats, mirrors, climate controls and sound systems before hitting the road. Decide on your route and check traffic conditions ahead of time.
7. Finish dressing and personal grooming at home – before you get on the road.
6. Snack smart. If possible, eat meals or snacks before or after your trip, not while driving. On the road, avoid messy foods that can be difficult to manage.
5. Secure children and pets before getting underway. If they need your attention, pull off the road safely to care for them. Reaching into the backseat can cause you to lose control of the vehicle.
4. Put aside your electronic distractions. Don’t use cell phones while driving – handheld or hands-free – except in absolute emergencies. Never use text messaging, email functions, video games or the internet with a wireless device, including those built into the vehicle, while driving.
3. If you have passengers, enlist their help so you can focus safely on driving.
2. If another activity demands your attention, instead of trying to attempt it while driving, pull off the road and stop your vehicle in a safe place. To avoid temptation, power down or stow devices before heading out.
1. As a general rule, if you cannot devote your full attention to driving because of some other activity, it’s a distraction. Take care of it before or after your trip, not while behind the wheel.
The recent fires in Northern California made the air quality in the Sacramento Valley unsafe. Your vehicles air filter and cabin air filter have been working overtime to keep your engine and your passengers breathing clean air.Read More
The Holiday season is a hectic one, which is why it is important to make sure that your vehicle is ready for all of your adventures. Taking a little time now to check your car’s vital systems and fluid condition can make a huge difference in getting to your destination in one piece and arriving ready to enjoy the festivities. Here are a few ways to ready your car (and yourself) for the holiday road trips.Read More
The heat of summer is over and the deep freeze of winter is just right around the corner. Now is the perfect time to take care of your car for the autumn chill ahead.Read More